Grow Your Business Online provides grants of up to $2400 to implement ecommerce
The Canadian government is providing a round of grants to help small and medium businesses across the country to sell their products online and to introduce other digital technologies to their marketing and sales arsenals.
The Grow Your Business Online grant will provide ecommerce grants of up to $2400 to 90,000 some-odd businesses in Canada.
Various service providers are helping to implement the application and delivery of the ecommerce grants, and for many businesses in Ontario, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce will be the main portal. As of press, the application form is not ready, but you can submit your contact details to be notified when it is.
Here’s a quick video showing you the outlines of the ecommerce grant program.
Eligibility Criteria for the Grow Your Business Online ecommerce grant program
Applications can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- Is a for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and co-operatives)
- Is a registered or incorporated business
- Is a consumer-facing business
- Can be accessed by consumers or provides in-person services to consumers
- Has at least one employee
- Must commit to maintaining digital adoption strategy for six months after participation in the program
- Must consent to participating in follow-up surveys, sharing information with the Government of Canada (ISED and Statistics Canada), and having the name of the business published as a recipient of funding
The following types of small businesses are ineligible:
- Corporate chains, franchises or registered charities
- Representatives of multi-level marketing companies
- Real estate brokerages